Community Fund Manager
Location – Regent’s Place
Reporting to – Client Services Director
Position Type – Full Time/Permanent
- To oversee and grow the Regent’s Place Community Fund as part of the service to campus occupiers, champion its short-term success and ensure its long-term success for all stakeholders.
- To take strategic oversight for the Community Fund and its development both at Regent’s Place and potentially for other British Land assets.
- Be a key contributor to creating and implementing the overall Community Strategy for Regent’s Place.
- Identifying and assisting with Community events at or related to Regent’s Place.
- To work with campus Occupiers to fully understand their Corporate Responsibility needs and tailor the Regent’s Place community offer accordingly.
- To manage internal and external communications to key stakeholder groups and will work in partnership with the onsite Communications and Events Manager, Community Manager and Marketing teams.
- This individual must have an excellent grasp of written and spoken English and must be able to work with BL Marketing to create web content, press releases and other materials to publicise the ‘fund’ projects undertaken at Regent’s Place.
- To manage the Regent's Place Community Fund.
- To develop key relationships with current fund contributors including occupiers and service providers.
- Encourage participation in the Fund from Regent’s Place occupiers.
- Raise awareness of the fund across Regent’s Place.
- Present and promote the Fund to occupiers, the management team and other external stakeholders.
- Approach occupiers to consider donating to and participating in the Fund.
- Manage and monitor contributions, working with Project Dirt.
- To be the key point of contact and to work closely with Project Dirt.
- Manage and coordinate the organisation and communications of the RPCF working group setting out key update and review meetings, recording minutes and distribution.
- Oversee the broad work streams of the RPCF project team coordinating key stakeholder input.
- ‘Chair’ the periodic project team update meetings. (Quarterly)
- Attend occupier meetings as appropriate to promote the Fund.
- Work closely with marketing team at Broadgate Estates and the relevant British Land teams to prioritise and promote the success of the Fund.
- Monitor, review and report on the progress of the RPCF measured against clear KPIs.
- Ensure that the Credit 360 reporting (British Land’s reporting system) is current and updated as appropriate.
- To work alongside the Community Manager to promote the campus as a place to work and visit and develop opportunities to offer mentoring and work placements.
- Working with the Portfolio Director to support British Lands’ targets and aspirations for the site.
- Strong written English
- Communications and organisation Skills
- Community Project Experience
- Strong social media Skills
- Website CRM Knowledge
- Event Management Experience
- Existing relationships within Regent’s Place, the Regent’s
Park Ward and surrounding area.
| Impact & Influencing | Team Working | Developing Self & Others |
| Financial Responsibility | Personal Integrity | Business Alignment | Service Excellence |
| Results Orientated | Effective Communication |
Our values underpin everything we do
EXCELLENCE | TRUST | INTEGRITY | BRILLIANT BASICS | INNOVATION
At the heart of everything we do, our people represent a hand-picked team whose passion for the job is abundantly evident. They understand that trust and credibility need to be earned, and that integrity is something you must demonstrate through your actions.
Broadgate Estates is committed to providing equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. In line with the Equal Opportunities Act 2010 and to enhance diversity in the workplace we welcome all applications regardless of age, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, disability, gender reassignment, marital status and or religion.