Fruit For Thought...
Each Wednesday in April, our bespoke fruit cart will be out on the campus - take a free piece of fruit to kick start your morning, or add a healthy snack to your lunch.
Look out for our weird and wonderful displays which will lead you to our team. They’ll be dotted around the campus from 08:00 and then again from 12:30.
We’ll also be heading out into the local area delivering fruit to charities and community groups. Check back here to see their stories throughout April.
Discover something unexpected...
We all know fruit has a positive effect on your physical health but it’s rarely reported how it can also support your mental health. For example, did you know that apples not only lower cholesterol and strengthen bones, but they also help increase mental alertness due to the presence of the nutrient boron? Find out more surprising fruit benefits and other thought-provoking blog articles in the sidebar on the right hand side of this page.
Click the videos below to learn something new…
More fruity facts...
- Do you know why bananas are curved? It's because they grow upside down in order to face the sun.
- Strawberries aren't actual berries, but bananas are.
- Did you know apples, peaches and raspberries are all members of the rose family?
- Did you know there is a tree called the Fruit Salad Tree that sprouts up to 6 different fruits in the same tree?
- A bunch of bananas is called a 'hand' and an individual banana is called a 'finger'.
- Did you know that Pomology is the study of fruits?
- Iceland has Europe’s largest banana plantation!
- Not many people know it but humans share 50% of their DNA with bananas.
Which fruit did you choose? Got a fun fruit fact? Share them with us on Twitter and Instagram by tagging @RegentsPlace and using #FruitForThought.