Discover Thought Fest – a week-long festival of interactive experiences exploring sustainability, wellbeing technology and the future plus live music and good-mood food and drink.
From 1-6 October, Regent’s Place will transform into a giant ideas lab for Thought Fest, a celebration of unique collaborations and interactive experiences in association with London’s Knowledge Quarter*.
Thought Fest will unite some of the world’s most innovative and forward thinking institutions, including Central Saint Martins, the Institute of Physics, the Wellcome Collection and the Crafts Council to capture visitors’ imagination and inspire ideas on sustainability and wellbeing.
It will provide a platform for experts from different fields and colliding ideas to come together and bring to life an array of pioneering projects across science, technology, art and design – all of which are working towards building a better future.
When you visit, you’ll not only be able to get under the skin of complex and brilliant ideas, but you’ll also be able to do this while enjoying live music and incredible pop-up food and drinks. See below for a selection of the events taking place and plan your visit.
Thought Fest line-up
Globally renowned art and design school, Central Saint Martins, will host a range of events including:
- Design Thinking and Biomimicry Talk: a future look at the design and production of materials and structures modelled on biological processes by Professor Carole Collet (director of sustainability at Central Saint Martins and LVMH)
- AI Digital Exhibition: MA Art and Science students with the national institute for data science and artificial intelligence, the Alan Turing Institute
- Sustainable Fashion Presentation: MA Fashion student Matthew Needham, renowned for making clothes out of trash, will be showcasing his latest work at Thought Fest
- Interactive experiments from the Institute of Physics
- Live performances from the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment and Poet in the City
- Sing for wellbeing workshops with the Recovery College at Camden and Islington NHS Foundation Trust and Mind in Camden where participants will take part in experiential sessions to explore how breathing, melodies, lyrics and harmonies can enhance health
- Wellbeing walks by Camden Tour Guides Association to explore the local area
- Talks on London Women pioneers with the Senate House Library at University of London and animal wellbeing with the Royal Veterinary College
- Other amazing partners taking part in Thought Fest include:
the Crafts Council, In2Science, the Wellcome Collection, London School of Business and Management, City University of London, the Jewish Museum, Regent High School, Arts Catalyst, Humanists UK and New London Architecture.
“Some of the most exciting organisations in the world are in the Knowledge Quarter and the wealth of knowledge that resides within it is staggering. From some of the most ancient artifacts to the newest technologies in science and medicine.
Thought Fest is an extraordinary opportunity to bring these organisations together and share their knowledge to Londoners in an unforgettable way. It’s a week not to be missed.”
Knowledge Quarter CEO, Jodie Eastwood
Coming along? Share your photos and thoughts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using #ThoughtFest18
*A partnership of organisations within a one-mile radius around King’s Cross, Bloomsbury and Euston