The inevitable woes of parcel deliveries and returns are two sure-fire ways to kill your online shopping buzz, come pay day.
First off, waiting in for a delivery is far from ideal. Don’t, and you’ve got a one way ticket to a ‘sorry you weren’t in’ card, despite your special instructions to leave it behind the bins.
Your new threads finally arrive. Naturally, there are a couple of solid keepers, but those last-minute impulse purchases are instant regrets.
You parcel up the rejects, yet they remain sat in your hallway for going on two weeks. Why? Because there are a lot more things you’d rather be doing in your lunch break than standing in a queue at the Post Office, along with the rest of Central London.
What if we told you that we could make all of your parcel peeves disappear? Introducing, InPost 24/7 lockers!
What is InPost?
Head down the path next to the New Diorama Café on Triton Square and you’ll come across our very own campus InPost locker. They work with a number of big retailers that allow you to pick up and return your online shopping from their lockers. They’re also accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, so you can collect or return your parcels at a time that suits you.
So that’s no waiting in, no queues; all it takes is a quick scan of a QR or bar code and a locker door pops open. All of the online shopping joy and none of the buzz-kill. Sound good to you? Get more info here or head on over to InPost’s website for more details.
How do they work?
Step-by-step guide – Parcel Collection
- Select InPost at checkout (with one of InPost’s partner retailers) and choose your nearest locker (Regent’s Place!).
- When your parcel has arrived at your chosen locker, you will receive an email and text notification. After this, you will have three days to collect your parcel, but you can go to the locker any time, 24/7.
- Scan the QR code in your email to open the locker and collect your parcel. Alternatively, enter your mobile number and unique code (included in your text and email) to open the locker.
Step-by-step guide – Returning Parcels
- Visit the applicable retailer’s website and follow their returns procedure for using an InPost locker. For example, this may include printing a label and attaching it to your parcel.
- Take your parcel to your nearest locker (Regent’s Place!).
- Scan the label to open a locker door and place your parcel inside.